Warning: file_get_contents(https://www.googleapis.com/youtube/v3/videos?part=snippet,contentDetails&id=lhDDochwogM&key=1): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request in /home/hylite/www/www/wp-content/plugins/youtube-embed/includes/api-access.php on line 99
This summer, we were once again proud to work with Ashley Events on the 2011 Market America International Convention in Greensboro, North Carolina. After a full prep in the Hylite shop by the team (thanks guys!), 2 separate 53′ trailers were loaded up for the trip up north. Our design included (3) HES Showguns, (12) Coemar ACL-S’s, (14) Varilite 3ks, (4) Varilite 3500 washes, (6) HES Xspots, (12) Varilite 1Ks, (12) Varilite 2K spots, (8) Varilire 2K washes, (14) HES Cyberlights, (6) HES Studio Spots, (6) HES Studio Colors, (4) Martin Atomic strobes, (36) Colorblasts, (4) Ninelights, (28) ETC pars, (36) ETC lekos, (20) Altman scoops, (4) Thomas bars, a few clip lights, miles of cable, lotsa truss, piles of dimmers, haze and fog galore, and a partridge in a pair tree (just wanted to see if you were still there)
Here is a little something about the company….
- Founded in 1992, Market America is a product brokerage and Internet marketing company that specializes in One-to-One Marketing.
- With more than 3 million Preferred Customers and 180,000 Distributors and UnFranchise® Business Owners worldwide, Market America has generated over $3 billion USD in accumulated retail sales.
- In that time, individuals have earned over $1.8 billion USD in commissions and estimated retail profits.
- Headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, the company employs over 500 people globally with international operations in the United States, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Through One-to-One Marketing, Market America combines the Internet with the power of people, creating the ultimate online destination.
- As a result, we have revolutionized a brand-new industry, setting a standard by which all other businesses are measured: Built on Product. Powered by People.
From design to production to execution, it still boggles my mind how it all seems to come together. I decided to capture some of the process from this event to illustrate the setup…..in time-lapse. In what could be called a finely crafted ballet of vendors executing their individual crafts, I thought you might like to see the results. In my mind, there is nothing better, in the world of special events, than several vendors working together in complete harmony and synergy to create a magical event. Click the link here to see what I mean! Enjoy 🙂
Market America Time-lapse Video
To toss a bunch of random vendors into an event space and expect a flawless execution of any kind is of course like playing a game of Russian Roulette. (Have any of you actually played that? And why do the Russians?) To avoid such a tragic nightmare while preventing the “every vendor for himself” attitude from all the other kids in the sandbox, the most experienced of companies like to leverage the value of a brilliant producer to coordinate the event. From integrating the customer’s message into the program, to overseeing all of the design aspects, to producing an on budget show, to flawless creative execution, we once again were rewarded with the experience of working with Howard Spector from Ashley Events.
It’s always a treat to watch a project like this unfold, from concept to reality, at the direction of such a visionary!
We have been a part of this program for several years now, and always look forward to partnering with the team that makes it all happen! Although the vendors have changed over the past few years, it’s nice to have been a part of the evolution for about 10 of these years now. That being said, here are a few of the key members that worked so hard to put this particular event together.
As always, it’s a pleasure to be in such great company!